At Intercounty Electric, one of our goals is to operate a workplace that is safe for all of our employees and guests. However, because of growing concerns about the Coronavirus, we wanted to share this status update with you.
Currently, while the threat of exposure is low within our organization, we encourage everyone to take practical steps to minimize potential exposure, in much the same way you would do during flu season. While we do not support the response of panic, we do support healthy prevention habits. These include:
• minimizing close contact with others, especially those who are sick
• washing your hands thoroughly and frequently
• avoiding touching your face
• covering your cough or sneeze
• staying home if you feel ill
• using extra caution when traveling, if necessary
At this time, there are no suspected cases within our workforce. Employees are being instructed to remain at work if they are healthy and stay home if they are ill. The public is encouraged to visit the CDC’s website for specific information on the Coronavirus. Members are reminded of alternative bill payment options, such as SmartHub and our automated pay-by-phone line (888-678-1987).
As always, we thank you all for being such wonderful co-op members!